Thursday November 16, 2017
7:30 PM at the Quality Inn, 10 Polito Avenue, Lyndhurst
THUR Nov 16, 7:30 PM: The North Jersey Aquarium Society proudly welcomes Spencer Jack, direct from Canada to speak on "My Favorite Fish Farms"
Following the program and discussion there will be an auction of fish, plants, and dry goods from local hobbyists and shops, many rare and hard-to-find. Doors open 7:30 PM and feature a door prize, raffles, sales table, Breeder & Grower Award Programs, and a Plant, Fish, and Sponsor of the Month. Meet and greet hobbyists from around the region! Quality Inn Meadowlands, 10 Polito Avenue, Lyndhurst, NJ (just off the Rt.17 / Rt.3 Junction, not far from the Lincoln Tunnel and NJ Turnpike. NYC Express Bus stop across street). All are welcome!
UPCOMING NJAS MEETINGS:
NJAS meets the 3rd Thursday of the month with all the features listed above, and these fine programs:
- NOV 16: Spencer Jack from Canada -- "My Favorite Fish Farms"
- DEC 3: Holiday Party at Don Pepe's, 3:00 pm. We have a DJ this year!
Note Schedule Change 2018: New meeting day/time and location -- we change to 3rd Saturday of each month -- high noon -- and we're moving to the conveniently located Clark Public Library in Union County, just off the Parkway at exit 135. This new locale gives us a lot of flexibility to provide you with fuller, fantastic programs! Many of the meetings will include a light lunch, and we'll have participation from vendor reps from time to time. We look forward to this exciting new venue and we'll see you there!
Schedule specifics are subject to change -- as of now we've got this exciting line up!
- JAN 20: Dr. Paul Loiselle "Compact CA Cichlids" and Kevin Carr "Giant CA Cichlids"
- FEB 17: Journalist and Pulitzer Fellow, Emily Voigt, on her critically-acclaimed book, "The Dragon Behind the Glass: A True Story of Power, Obsession, and the World's Most Coveted Fish" which took her around the globe investigating the Arowana hobby. A light lunch will be provided.
- MAR 17: We welcome Scott Dowd from Boston, who will present a program on "Project Piaba." Auction and light lunch will follow.
We especially thank our wonderful sponsors...supporting NJAS and your hobby!
NJAS is fortunate to receive support from local fish clubs. They provide donations for auctions, support our events, advertise for us, offer discounts and group buys--the list goes on. We're giving back! Each sponsor will be invited to address the club at the monthly meeting, and NJAS is purchasing a gift card to raffle off to a lucky member.
NJAS is an organization of aquarists with a wide range of interests and backgrounds. From cichlids to killies, livebearers to labyrinths...plus plants, aquascaping, breeding, do-it-yourself help...we cover a wide range of topics, and we especially encourage newcomers to join us! Our location in Lyndhurst is convenient to major highways and bus routes, and enables us to welcome a large number of attendees. We invite you to join us and look forward to meeting you.