The auction you all heard about, or experienced, that brought hobbyists from Seven States to standing-room only, is our FALL INTO FISH AUCTION AND FUNDRAISER! This is a LIVESTOCK auction (fish/plants/inverts). Dry goods are minimal so the focus is on the fish (yes, there are that many and it goes all day!). Sell your surplus to a captive audience, too!
Open to the Public. The North Jersey Aquarium Society (NJAS) will be hosting their annual Fall auction fundraiser on Sunday, October 8th, at the Days Hotel in East Brunswick, NJ, right off the NJ Turnpike exit 9. Historically the largest tropical fish auction in the Garden State! Many hundreds of hard-to-find hobbyist-raised, hatchery & imported fish, invertebrates, plants...all sorts of aqua-fabulous goodies at bargain prices!
Ocean to Ocean, Border to Border, it's the Best & Biggest Single-Day Auction Event Extravaganza for Fish Fans!
Buyers & Sellers: Send us your "wish list," and tell others what you are bringing at our Events Page.
Sellers: Here's helpful information on bagging your fish for auction (improperly bagged entries are subject to a $5 re-bagging charge)
Please Note...The auction will start at 12:00 noon sharp! Viewing will start at 11:00 am and close at high noon. Viewing will not be allowed after 12:00 pm.
Thursday October 19, 2017
7:30 PM at the Quality Inn, 10 Polito Avenue, Lyndhurst
THUR Oct 19, 7:30 PM: The North Jersey Aquarium Society proudly welcomes Bob Larsen
Following the program and discussion there will be an auction of fish, plants, and dry goods from local hobbyists and shops, many rare and hard-to-find. Doors open 7:30 PM and feature a door prize, raffles, sales table, Breeder & Grower Award Programs, and a Plant, Fish, and Sponsor of the Month. Meet and greet hobbyists from around the region! Quality Inn Meadowlands, 10 Polito Avenue, Lyndhurst, NJ (just off the Rt.17 / Rt.3 Junction, not far from the Lincoln Tunnel and NJ Turnpike. NYC Express Bus stop across street). All are welcome!
UPCOMING NJAS MEETINGS:
NJAS meets the 3rd Thursday of the month with all the features listed above, and these fine programs:
- OCT 8: Our Spectacular "Fall Into Fish" Jumbo Tropical Fish Auction & Fundraiser Event! This will be held at the Days Conference Center in East Brunswick, just off the Turnpike. If you haven't participated in this day-long event in the past, you won't want to miss this one!
- OCT 19: Bob Larsen, Aquarist Extraordinaire, Life Member and Past President, NJAS
- NOV 16: Spencer Jack from Canada -- "My Favorite Fish Farms"
- DEC 3: Holiday Party at Don Pepe's, 3:00 pm. We have a DJ this year!
Note Schedule Change 2018: New meeting day/time and location -- we change to 3rd Saturday of each month -- high noon -- and we're moving to the conveniently located Clark Public Library in Union County, just off the Parkway at exit 135. This new locale gives us a lot of flexibility to provide you with fuller, fantastic programs! Many of the meetings will include a light lunch, and we'll have participation from vendor reps from time to time. We look forward to this exciting new venue and we'll see you there!
Schedule specifics are subject to change -- as of now we've got this exciting line up!
- JAN 20: Dr. Paul Loiselle "Compact CA Cichlids" and Kevin Carr "Giant CA Cichlids"
- FEB 17: Journalist and Pulitzer Fellow, Emily Voigt, on her critically-acclaimed book, "The Dragon Behind the Glass: A True Story of Power, Obsession, and the World's Most Coveted Fish" which took her around the globe investigating the Arowana hobby. A light lunch will be provided.
- MAR 17: We welcome Scott Dowd from Boston, who will present a program on "Project Piaba." Auction and light lunch will follow.
We especially thank our wonderful sponsors...supporting NJAS and your hobby!
NJAS is fortunate to receive support from local fish clubs. They provide donations for auctions, support our events, advertise for us, offer discounts and group buys--the list goes on. We're giving back! Each sponsor will be invited to address the club at the monthly meeting, and NJAS is purchasing a gift card to raffle off to a lucky member.
NJAS is an organization of aquarists with a wide range of interests and backgrounds. From cichlids to killies, livebearers to labyrinths...plus plants, aquascaping, breeding, do-it-yourself help...we cover a wide range of topics, and we especially encourage newcomers to join us! Our location in Lyndhurst is convenient to major highways and bus routes, and enables us to welcome a large number of attendees. We invite you to join us and look forward to meeting you.